Find the joy in abandoned plans.

A few weeks ago I attended Art Insights with Kamille. I also have rewrote this paragraph three times because I don't know how or why I care to explain to you about what I am about to say. I also don't want to forget a few things he said.. soo.. let's keep this simple. 

Art Insights. Guest. Rick Berry. Illustrator. Writer. Artist. Jack ass. Genius. Black T shirt with a grey blazer. Never took real art class. Referred to his pieces as "scribblings." Honest. Spoke slow. Stated questions. Gave options. Then answers.  

"I didn't destroy it, I improved it into non existence."
"Things are made to look alive and so we are to forget that they are alive."
"You don't bullshit someone with cancer. I think all teenagers would be more mature if no one bullshit them." 

"I don't wait to have a reason to paint." 

"Lying through my swinging teeth, I asked for help. I needed my lies to come true." 

"Start using art to see with, rather than using it to execute a plan." 

"I am terribly curious." 

"Art need to be back into schools."  

"Find the joy in abandoned plans."

And that was that. Sorry for my habits of generating.
It is all a process. 
xx S. Rue

No comments:

Post a Comment